In 1936 Irwin and Josephine Parker felt the need to open a Sunday School for the children living in
the Kendall area. At the time Kendall consisted of a post office located on US 1 and 98th St. and about 100 residents.
The Parkers opened their home and started a Sunday School in their kitchen. They soon moved to an abandoned
church building on Smoake Rd. In 1945 they built a building on Kendall Drive, East of US 1. The church continued to
grow and property was bought on Killian Drive. In 1968 the congregation moved into the building with 7 gables.
When the new sanctuary was completed in 1992, the old sanctuary was turned into a fellowship hall named for the Parkers.
In the 60's the church developed a "bus ministry" under the pastoral leadership of Peter Slagle.
The ministry gave the church a great spurt of growth and introduced the congregation to “cross-cultural” ministry.
Today the congregation is made up of persons from over 27 different nationalities. Unity is a major
theme uniting people regardless of race, nationality or denominational affiliation. This is a congregation that gives
meaning to the phrase:
ALL ARE WELCOME!